.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What's in a name?

A Rose by any other name…

I am known by many names, as we all are. Father, son, brother, uncle, nephew, student, teacher, Etc. Then there are the “Official” birth certificate, social security, driver’s license names. Aliases abound for those whose nefarious activities are best hidden from the authorities.

My full name is Kobee Ignatius Shackeel Snodgrass. As you can tell, my parents were jokesters and gave me all those goofy names so that my monogram would be KISS. I once considered changing my name, but “Snotgrass” was already taken.

And then there are the “titles” we may use to show off how much money our parents could spend on education. MD, DDS, PhD (does that really stand for phony Doctor?), DVM, Esquire. ETC. Personally, I attended a rigorous three week correspondence class offered by the “Elephant Butte” annex to the University of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. The open book spelling tests were the worst. Can you spell Dooteronomy? This labor of love culminated in the bestowal of the “Master In All Sacred Studies” Degree. For me, this was the perfect addition for all my monogrammed towels, shirts, and undies.
(For the dim-witted among you: KISS, MIASS)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home