.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Unfriendly Skies

Continental unfAirlines

Continental Airlines pissed me off when they refused to honor their “frequent flyer”
System where you earn miles and turn them in for flights at 25,000 miles per round trip. Once upon a time, it worked. Now, my letter to the CEO of Continental:

Dear Sir,

The following letter was sent via E Mail to your onepass department. Their response follows.

Dear onepass people,
I have been a member for many years and would like to let you know that the more recent operations are unsatisfactory. For the first few years I could call and had no trouble getting any flight I wanted for 20,000 miles. I have no problem with the minimum being raised to 25,000 due to costs, but I do object to not being able to get vacant seats for the 25,000 miles.. They’re there, I can get one for 40,000 or 50,000 or hard cash but evidently the policy is to limit the number of cheap (25,000) seats. I have tried three times in the last year to use my points only to be rebuffed by the higher requirements. Each time was with a three month advance notice. I don’t think you can expect a regular person to know much more in advance than that. I have flown exclusively with Continental and use a Continental Visa card to take advantage of what once WAS a good plan. I just recently tried to use my points for a trip to Las Vegas. No go, so I booked the flight for cash. If you cannot convert those flights from cash to 25,000 miles each, I will be canceling my credit card and saying hello to Southwest. Thank you for your attention.

Rev. Snodgrass

Continental responds:

“Thank you for contacting the OnePass Service Center.

I am sorry, but we cannot convert that reservation to a Standard Reward ticket.

David Allen
OnePass Service Center”

While I’m sure Mr. Allen meant “will not” rather than “cannot” I feel I must refer this matter to someone who has the power to do the right thing. I’m sure there are a host of lawyers who dream up the rules for onepass but once it ceases to serve its customers with service that I feel is well within reason, it ceases to be a plus for Continental.

Sincere regards.
Rev. Snodgrass

This matter still has not been resolved satisfactorily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home