.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Don Who?

As a boy growing up I often imagined myself being one of my heros, Superman, the Lone Ranger, Batman; having super powers to use for the good of mankind. A little bit older and I realized these were just fantasies - but still I might become a fireman or a policeman and do SOME good. As I was finishing my formal education in 1956 reality kicked in and I gave in to capitalism and took that (almost) a buck an hour job with Ma Bell. I did get to be a semi-policeman in the Air Force Reserves for 8 years.
A half a century passes and today I realized what I have become – DON QUIXOITEMAN! Fighting battles that cannot be won! I have taken on various motel chains, Continental Airlines, SBC, Verizon, MBNA (Mastercard), Chase Manhattan Bank (or whatever they call themselves today), Tastykake, Aunt Jemima (Quaker Oats in drag) and the American Contract Bridge League. My lance is a stub and I have yet to put a noticeable dent in any of these gargantuans. They are impenetrable, impervious to my attacks. Yet, on I go, a thrust here, a jab there, only to be thwarted at every turn.
What we need is an army! Recruits for Quixotemen International! I have my beloved Dulcinea and my bulldog Deuce by my side. Now all we need are a few million others who believe in truth, honor, and fairness. We already have a motto: “Illigitimi Non Carbarundum”
(don’t let the bastards wear you down).
If you know of some organization that is using unfair practices, such as the ACBL, why not take a minute and drop them a line or E Mail at http://www.acbl.org/ and express your concerns.

Donnyboy is exhausted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rev.,I think that your crusade to enlist your flock will meet the fate of your past campaigns. We dont want to ride The Bomb into downtown Moscow but we loved it when Slim Pickens did it.Likewise Cool Hand Luke and the 50 eggs.So thank The Man who signs your paycheck that you still have a flock.Get pissed off about something else and we will cheer you on!

March 12, 2006 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home