.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday Morning

“Basic” training is over in a month and my antipathy for authority is solidified. First your parents boss you around, then teachers, higher ranking goof balls in the military, bosses at work, the police, your spouse, your homeowners association, various City, State, and Federal governments, the IRS, your priest and the Intelligent Designer herself. ( although I think she’s disowned me and I am now under the watchful eye of Satan) Seems like everybody is the boss of me. My life would have been a lot more enjoyable had I been born rich. Who gets the blame for that? My parents or the ID?
Beyond that enigma, it seems that one must take responsibility for one’s life and choices. I wasn’t born rich, but by standard measurements, I was born smart. My friends are fond of posing the conundrum “If you’re so smart, why ain’t you rich?” This puzzle has a very simple answer: my DNA is rife with sloth genes. My answer to every task put before me is “how can I do this with the least amount of effort.” I have no reason to be proud of or ashamed of this fact. It is part of my “Pessoptimist creed” “Hope for the best, expect the worst, accept what is.”
My religious, political and social ideals are the same, “laissez-faire.” One of my heros, Henry David Thoreau said “That government is best which governs least.” I say “Keep your goddamn nose outta my bidness.” “Big Brother” does not abide.
OK, so I’m ranting. Seemed like a good thing to do on a Sunday morning before I dress for Church. (cue the “laughter”) I leave you with one final pleasantry “Laissez le bon temps roulez!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home