.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Thursday, July 21, 2005

No Sir Galahad

Knights Inn

I recently booked a stay at Knights Inn in Hot Springs Arkansas.
The “amenities” listed and the actual facts are as follows:

“In room coffee”: Choice (none) of “regular” with a total of two sugar packets for two people. Standard small 2 styrofoam cups provided.

“Free continental breakfast”: I did not expect much, but got less. Once again, a choice (none) of “regular” coffee, reconstituted orange juice, milk, day old glazed donuts (one type only) and two types of mystery “cereals” in plastic containers.

Of course, the “soaps” are Motel 6 size, you can hardly get a grip on them, they’re so small.

The coup de grace came on the third day when we returned at 6 PM and found our room door WIDE open. Thankfully nothing was missing. A call to the office got the response that they were training maids that day. "Maybe the door was only left open a crack and the wind blew it open further." I suggested an apology from the manager was appropriate which elicited the response that he was very busy due to some employees not showing up that day.

With little or no assurance that the “open door” policy was not regular, I checked out the next morning.

I suggest a name change to Knightmare Inn.

Rev. Snodgrass

P.S. About 2 months later I got a letter, not apologizing, but trying to explain away their lack of common sense. The letter tried to gain my favor by stating I was being given a 10% off coupon (enclosed) for my next stay ( ha ha ha ha ) at a Knight’s Inn. There was no coupon enclosed. Do you think they’re trying to tell me something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home