.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Sunday, July 24, 2005

NOT so alert

Everyone looks forward to Monday morning.

As I look back on this Monday morning I have to laugh, otherwise I'd cry. (I know that's an old one)
6:30 Waking up knowing my computer graphics were screwed up I started working on that while I waited until I could go fetch Bogart (my bulldog) from the kennel. No rush since my bridge game was cancelled. Access to computer bridge was denied due to my computer glitch. Still had not cracked open Saturdays newspaper much less Sundays goliath.
7:15 No success with computer, I pour a nice cup of Kona coffee to sip thru my one hour journey and get in my car to head North. Only there's no sound when I turn the ignition key to start. After a blast of the appropriate expletives I jumped in my friends car and went to get the beast. One mile later, as I reached for my coffee, I found I would need plastic man's arms since my coffee was nestled comfortably in the dead battery car in my driveway.
8:15 Bogart safely tucked away, I get out the old jumper cables and get my car started. Ha, I’m not forgetting my coffee THIS time as I head out to purchase a new battery.
8:30ish As I wait for the new battery to be installed, pondering just how many angels CAN dance on the head of a pin, a horrible thought crosses my mind. I fear I have not properly closed down the donor car engine. Yes, there it was sitting in my driveway 2 miles away , just idling away, begging some thief to jump in and head to Mehico.
9:00 Great relief, the car is still in the driveway putt-putt-putting away wasting who knows how much of that precious $2 a gallon gasoline. Back to work on that ##$$%%^& computer.
10:00 Gather round! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! There’s GOOD news.
After some 6 years of trying to get an answer from AOL “HELP” that actually worked - I finally succeeded! I’m BAAAAACK! ALL SYSTEMS GO! E-mail, junk mail, spam, web sites galore, instant messages and BBO! All the right color shape and size for my viewing pleasure. Hallelujah! Free at last! Thank God almighty, I’m free at last!
11:00 I need a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home