.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Friday, September 11, 2009

Pfizer Phlotsam

I would guesstimate from the frequency of TV ads for Spiriva that hundreds of thousands of patients use this inhalant product from Pfizer.
I am about to get my second refill. With the first order I got 30 caplets which are opened by an "inhaler", a small three piece hinged plastic gadget with a spiked plunger to open the caplets. Even wholesale, this gadget must cost several dollars to produce. A month ago, with my first refill I told the druggist I already had the inhaler and only needed the caplets. I was told that was all that was in my package. To quote a South Carolina politician - "You lie" - inhaler included.
Now, for my 2ND refill I instruct my medical personnel to be sure just to order the caplets as I already have one too many inhalers.
Unbelievably (to me) I am told that is the only way refills are packaged, with an inhaler.
Is this the best Pfizer, one of the WORLDS largest pharmaceutical companies can do to help hold down medical costs? Someone is paying for all those thousands of worthless extra inhalers that only end up in the trash. Me, for one. Drop them an e-mail "Spiriva refills do NOT require a new inhaler." to mend their ways and conserve the worlds resources:
http://www.pfizer.com/contact/mail_general.jsp

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ditto and ditto and ditto! To take one of Dolly Parton's quotes totally out of context: "Less is more? No, more is more!" It makes one wonder if the inhalers are made in China, or if an American company in a powerful Senator's state works its employees overtime to produce such waste. My outrage, like yours, leaves me --- in a word --- breathless!

September 11, 2009 9:25 AM  
Blogger Arlene said...

What must have been decades ago, I set up all our utility bills to pay automatically. The money we owe is therefore deducted from our bank account without having to think about it. For our records, though, a monthly bill arrives from the water company, the electric company, the telephone company and the gas company along with remittance envelopes from all four. I guess the only way I can convince them to leave the remittance envelopes out is to go entirely paperless. I have to keep reminding myself that my insistence on the monthly "hard copy" bills is undoubtedly way more wasteful than the twelve remittance envelopes each one of them sends yearly, not to mention postage. Still I keep feeling that twinge of irritation when they keep enclosing them.

September 11, 2009 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home