.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Friday, July 29, 2005

Dem Bones

Oh, crap.

It's times like this, I wish I were a "real" gambler. It was our last night of gambling at that tourist Mecca known as Tunica, located in Robinsonville Mississippi.
Ms V and I had dinner reservations and were meeting at the "steak house" at 8:00 that night. She was off playing the “penny” slot machines and I was at the dice table, down about a hundred and fifty. I was planning to quit about 7:45. My turn to “roll” came at about 7:35, plenty of time for me to have a final chance and then get to the restaurant. I was wrong. I rolled and rolled some more. I started looking over my shoulder at about 8:10 to see if Ms V was looking for me. She came soon thereafter and I said “I CAN’T stop now.” She sat at a nearby table and chanted (under her breath) "7 out, 7 out" until she gave up that mantra at about 8:30 and said she was going to eat. "Go, says I." On I rolled. No one there had seen the likes of this, dealers included. At approximately 9:25 the dreaded call was finally made "7 out." One hour and forty-five minutes. Unbelievable. A half dozen or so players threw me $25 chips as a tip for the thousands of dollars they made on that roll. As for me, I refused to press my bets more than once for superstitious reasons. I knew if I bet more, the streak would end. I was quite satisfied with the $900 or so I made myself. I don't expect to ever see the likes of that roll, by anyone, anywhere, in my lifetime.
Call me "Lucky"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home