.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Monday, July 25, 2005

Payoff

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, among other things. Persistence can sometimes pay off as well. After haggling with the folks who answer the phones at MBNA Mastercard, I was moved to write to the head honcho and see if that would bring results:

B. L. Hammond, CEO MBNA
Dear Sir:

As I am unable to be satisfied by your “customer satisfaction representatives” and e-mail is a medium you eschew, I am forced to resort to “snail mail.”
I’m sure I am small potatoes in your scheme of things, yet I feel that thousands of us little people are your bread and butter and deserve better treatment than I have received.
I have been a customer of MBNA for almost 20 years and over the years have built up a credit limit of some 25 thousand dollars. I am 65 years old and have lately used my credit when special offers (usually less than 5%) are made. I have been successful in using this for other investments which far exceed those percentages.
Some 6 or 7 months ago a “special offer” was due to expire. I called your representative and was told they could not do anything but let the percent revert to 15+. So, I sold stock to pay off my MBNA. Low and behold , no sooner than the ink had dried, MBNA could now offer 4.7%. (Yes I know you get transaction fees)
Once again, I took advantage of your offer which is due to expire the middle of next month. Now comes the part that really irks me. I get in the mail an ad offering me “by invitation” to take advantage of a 5.9% rate (NOT INTRODUCTORY) I offered to pay off my present loan if that would allow me to take advantage of the new rate. I was refused. By the way, this is exactly the same “Pioneer” card which I hold. How can you offer 5.9% to unknown customers in a mass mailing yet withhold it from your longstanding loyal customers? You have until March 15th to fix this or I will pay off my card and close my account forever.

Yours truly,
Rev. Snodgrass

Post Script: 5.9% rate granted March 15th, with no notice sent or given to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home