.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RevSnodgrass

For best results, read postings in chronological order. The first post will be at the bottom of the July 2005"archives", read the one at the bottom first and proceed upward. E mail ronwoodsum@Yahoo.com to be alerted of new posts. Thanks, Rev

Friday, April 23, 2010

Take a number, please.

After I retired from Ma Bell in 1988, I moved from Maryland to Houston and somehow got tricked into my third Marriage. Although I provided my new wife with all the luxuries required for happy living, including a brand new home, she somehow felt it wasn't right for the man of the house to pursue such silly things as playing cards and shooting dice - but should find a more lucrative pastime, such as (in her words) a "real" job. After several failed attempts to please her, the blessed union was dissolved.
Only until recently, here in Greenville, North Carolina, did I spot the perfect job. On a well traveled road is a sign advertising "SPEEDOMETER REPAIR." "Wow" I thought, how long could I be in business before I got my first customer? Since I personally have never needed speedometer repair, nor do I know of anyone, or have ever HEARD of anyone needing speedometer repair, this could have been my perfect full-time job, open 24/7 (as they say). Of course, as the bustling business burgeoned, I would have to buy one of those "Take a number, please" dispensers.
Pax Vobiscum
HDT

1 Comments:

Blogger Arlene said...

If Speedometer Repair doesn't work out for you, another good career choice might be Marriage Counseling. With your credentials . . .

Another bridge player I know took up marriage counseling after 3 months of marriage followed by a quick divorce. I think her advice must have been DON'T.

April 23, 2010 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home